Blount County is full of history and adventure. From exploring the caves at Rickwood Caverns State Park to visiting three covered bridges that give Blount County the “Covered Bridge Capital” nickname, visitors are sure to find that Blount County is a beautiful place full of history and fun.
1. Blount County Covered Bridge Festival (October 22) – www.blountoneontachamber.org
2. Spring Valley Beach Water Park – www.springvalleybeach.com
3. Rickwood Caverns State Park – www.alapark.com/rickwood-caverns-state-park
4. Palisades Park – www.blountcountypark.com
5. Heritage Golf – www.heritagegolftwinoaks.com
6. Easley Covered Bridge – www.blountoneontachamber.org
7. Horton Mill Covered Bridge – www.blountoneontachamber.org
8. Swann Covered Bridge – www.blountoneontachamber.org
9. Historic L & N Railroad Depot – www.cityofoneonta.us
Information for this story was provided by the Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist Association. You can visit their website for more details and ideas for other things to do at NorthAlabama.org.
Copyright 2016 Magic City Weekend. All rights reserved.