DeKalb County has many beautiful spots nestled atop Lookout Mountain, and fall is one of the best times to visit because of the vibrant foliage. The reds, oranges, yellows and browns are the backdrop to a state park, a national preserve, good food, cozy inns and cabins, and plenty of opportunities for guided hikes, rappelling, kayaking, and more.
1. Cloudmont Ski Lodge – www.cloudmont.com
2. DeSoto State Park and DeSoto Falls – www.alapark.com/desoto-state-park
3. Fort Payne Depot – www.fortpaynedepotmuseum.com
4. Kamama Café, Gallery, & Spa – www.kamamamentone.com
5. Little River Canyon Center – www.jsu.edu/epic/canyoncenter/index.html
6. Little River Canyon National Preserve – www.nps.gov/liri/index.htm
7. Mentone Mountain View Inn and Mentone Inn – www.cabinsandrentalsinmentonealabama.com/accommodations/mountain-view-inn and www.mentoneinn.com
8. True Adventure Sports and One World Adventure – www.trueadventuresports.com and www.oneworldadventureco.com
9. Wildflower Café – www.mentonewildflower.com
Information for this story was provided by the Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist Association. You can visit their website for more details and ideas for other things to do at NorthAlabama.org.
Copyright 2016 Magic City Weekend. All rights reserved.