Mexican Street Corn is a classic street food and just might be the best way to serve corn! We met up with Chef Bernie at Moss Rock Tacos and Tequila and he showed us how to make this easy twist on corn on the cob!
Using this Mexican Street Corn Recipe you could turn your next tailgating get-together into something everyone will remember! It’s quick, it’s easy and best of all it tastes amazing! Grilling the ears of corn on the cob and slightly charring the kernels brings out the corn’s natural nutty flavor. Slathering them with a mixture of crema, mayonnaise, chipolte and cojija cheese just takes it to the next level! If you’ve never tried Mexican Street Corn you don’t know what you’re missing!
Mexican Street Corn Recipe from Moss Rock Tacos and Tequila
- 6 to 8 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema, or sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, from one lime
- 2 tablespoon lime juice, from one lime
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill to 400F. Clean the grates once it has heated.
- Whisk together the sauce: In a bowl, whisk together the crema, mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic, chipotle pepper, lime zest and lime juice. Taste and season the mixture with salt if needed. (Crema has a little salt already, so add extra judiciously.) Set aside.
- Grill the corn: Place the husked corn directly onto grill grates. Grill the corn for about 3 minutes, undisturbed, or until kernels begin to turn golden brown and look charred. Turn over and repeat. When all sides are browned, remove from the grill onto a plate.
- Top the corn with sauce and cheese: Using a brush or a spoon, coat each ear of corn with the crema mixture. Sprinkle with crumbled cojita cheese. Sprinkle with additional chipotle pepper, if desired. Serve immediately with extra lime wedges.
You might also like:
Stay up to date with all things Magic City Weekend!