The Birmingham Greek Festival is upon us! Immerse yourself in Greek culture with three days of music, dancing and food!
The 46th Annual Greek Festival is October 4-6, 2018 from 10:30am-10:00pm in downtown Birmingham. The Birmingham Greek Festival began in 1972 and is one of Birminghamʼs oldest cultural food festivals and most highly anticipated southeast event. The festival is an act of love of Birminghamʼs Greek community going back to 4 generations preparing authentic Greek cuisine and will serve over 30,000 plates of delicious food and pastries. As thousands of returning patrons can attest, you will leave a devoted fan.
2018 Birmingham Greek Festival
The festival offers free admission, indoor and outdoor dining, and food plates are individually priced. Be sure to stroll through The Greek Market Place which has Mediterranean and Orthodox Christian souvenirs. Free parking is located in the former Liberty National parking building located one block away on 20th Street (Richard Arrington Blvd) between 3rd and 4th Avenue. The convenient drive thru is available all three days from 10:30am-7pm. No need to call ahead and place your order. Our servers will greet you, take your big or small order, and deliver right to your vehicle. Experience a taste of Greece without the airfare!
Come enjoy traditional and delectable delights prepared by the Greek chefs in our community and served by them during the Greek Food Festival weekend. All mezzes (appetizers), entrees, and desserts are still homemade, as they have been for 45 years when the festival began, and are comprised of only the freshest and finest ingredients available.
- Pitas – Four filo triangles filled with feta cheese mixture or feta and spinach mixture.
- Dolmathes – Grape leaves stuffed with seasoned rice and topped with lemon.
- Deluxe Plate – Delicious Greek style chicken served with pastichio, rice pilaf, spanakopita, Greek salad, and a roll.
- Souvlakia – Marinated lamb skewered and grilled on an open fire.
- Greek Chicken – Greek-style chicken at its finest, baked and basted in a marinade of olive oil, lemon juice, and oregano.
- Pasticho – a wonderful combination with layers of macaroni, ground beef in a Greek tomato sauce, topped with a layer of delicious cream bechamel sauce.
- Veggie Plate – A meatless plate with our delicious rice pilaf, Greek dinner salad, 2 spanakopitas, 2 tiropitas, greek style green beans.
- Gyro Sandwich – Grilled slices of seasoned beef and lamb topped with lettuce and Greek tsaziki sauce and rolled in warm pita bread.
- Gyro & Salad – Gyro sandwich served with Greek salad.
- Greek Salad – Large traditional Greek salad tossed with Greek dressing and topped with feta, calamata olives, and salonika peppers.
- Baklava – Layer upon layer of buttered filo and ground pecans bathed in a honey syrup.
- Chocolate Baklava – Classic baklava dipped in chocolate.
- Melomakarona – Honey and nut cookie topped with chopped pecans.
- Kourambethes – Greek wedding cookie sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Koulourakia – Butter coffee twists.
- Loukoumathes – Greek fried donuts, dipped in warm honey and sprinkled with cinnamon.
- Almond Crescent – Almond paste filling topped with honey and almonds.
You might also want to check out the new Wine Flights from Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille:
Stay up to date with all things Magic City Weekend!