Let’s face it. No one wants to be stuck inside all day with nothing to do on a rainy afternoon. Especially if you have kids at home, and looking for ways to keep them entertained! All of the rain that comes along this time of year can be depressing. Don’t let the rain spoil your day! When the forecast calls for gloom, pour on the indoor fun instead. Turn that rainy day frown upside down with these 16 ideas for boosting your mood while you stay nice and dry.
1. Take an indoor fitness class
You’ll thank us later!
2. Visit one of the local breweries
So many breweries so little time.
3. Check out all the cool stuff at What’s on Second
There’s some really neat stuff here.
4. Go indoor rock climbing at High Point
Thrilling and you don’t have to be a pro to do it.
5. Test your survival skills at Locked In: The Birmingham Escape Game
Time is ticking!
6. Have a blast at the Steel City Jump Park
We’re ready to jump!
7. Visit the McWane Science Center
Educational and fun!
8. Play a game of pool at The Break
A good ole fashioned game of pool is so fun.
9. Enjoy a relaxing massage or day at the spa
Go on. You deserve it!
10. Practice your aim at the gun range
Great way to relieve stress!
11. Grab a friend and go to the movies
Get fancy and go to the Alabama Theatre!
12. Get crafty at Hammer & Stain
Let’s see those crafty skills.
13. Try Duckpin bowling at The Woolworth Recreation and Refreshment
It opens in August and we’re eagerly awaiting our first trip!
14. Play arcade games at Paramount
All bets are on!
15. Get coffee at one of the local coffee shops
Can’t go wrong with any of the coffee shops around here.
16. Enjoy the arcade games, bowling, and laser tag at Spare Time Trussville
TAG – You’re it!
We hope you enjoyed this list of the 16 of the Best Rainy-Day Activities in Birmingham! What are your favorite rainy day activities?
You May Also Like
Stay up to date with all things Magic City Weekend!