Jackson County is rich in natural beauty and history. Located near Lake Guntersville, the fishing is fantastic. There are many opportunities to get outdoors at the Walls of Jericho, Goosepond Colony, and Russell Cave National Monument. You’ll find some great deals at the world-famous Unclaimed Baggage Center in Scottsboro.
1. Unclaimed Baggage Center – www.unclaimedbaggage.com
2. Walls of Jericho – www.discoverjacksoncountyalabama.com
3. Goosepond Colony – www.goosepond.org
4. Scottsboro Boys Museum – www.scottsboro-multicultural.com
5. Tomato Pie at Carlile’s – www.carliles.net
6. Stevenson Railroad Depot Museum – www.cityofstevensonalabama.com/Depot-Museum.html
7. Russell Cave National Monument – www.nps.gov/ruca/index.htm
8. Fish on Lake Guntersville – www.jacksoncountyparkal.com
9. Catfish Festival – www.catfishfestival.net
Information for this story was provided by the Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist Association. You can visit their website for more details and ideas for other things to do at NorthAlabama.org.
Copyright 2016 Magic City Weekend. All rights reserved.