Feizal Valli from the Atomic Bar & Lounge gave us a bartending crash course in how to make one of their signature cocktails, the Brad Green!
Listen up would-be bartenders because class is in session! Our own Bakari Savage made a trip down to The Atomic Bar & Lounge, who were recently nominated for a James Beard award for outstanding bar program, to learn a little Bartending 101. One of the owners of the Atomic, Feizal Valli, gave Bakari a crash course in making one of their most popular cocktails; The Brad Green!
Bartending Secrets: How to make ‘The Brad Green’
- 1 Egg
- 1/4oz Simple Syrup
- 1/2oz Aperol
- 1/2oz St. Germain
- 3/4oz Lemon Juice
- 1oz Cathead Honeysuckle Vodka
- 3 drops Angostura Bitters
- Separate the whites and yolks from a single egg pouring the whites into your mixing tin and discarding the yolk.
- Add 1/4oz Simple Syrup, 1/2oz Aperol, 1/2oz St. Germain, 3/4oz Lemon Juice and 1oz Cathead Honeysuckle Vodka to the mixture.
- Seal mixing tin and shake the mixture vigorously, emulsifying the ingredients. DO NOT ADD ICE before shaking! That happens in the next step.
- Separate your tin and add 1 scoop of ice to your mixture and shake well.
- Double strain the contents (use both a strainer on your mixing tin and a second strainer over the glass) into your glass.
Double straining makes sure you don’t get any bits of ice into your cup, leaving you with an ultra smooth drink!
To make this drink really fancy you’re going to need some Angostura Bitters
- Apply three drops of Angostura Bitters to the foamy top of the drink.
- Using a straw, trace a circular pattern to create a design
That’s the recipe for making a Brad Green! If you don’t feel like your bartending skills are up to the task, you could always pay a visit to The Atomic Bar & Lounge and leave it to the professionals!
You might also like:
Stay up to date with all things Magic City Weekend!