Bakari took a pit-stop at Bob Sykes Bar-B-Q to talk about the Bob Sykes Bar-B-Q tour!
Enjoy an unforgettable finger licking time when you visit the legendary pitmaster and restaurateur Van Sykes as he explains the history of Bob Sykes and southern bbq. Van Sykes, 2nd generation owner of Bessemer’s family owned restaurant Bob Sykes Bar-B-Q has literally worked in the iconic bbq restaurant that his parents Bob and Maxine founded in 1957.
Van Sykes possesses an incredible gift for storytelling and he’s been sharing bbq stories his whole life. Van is the host with the most!
Guests will sample their way through Bob Sykes BBQ original and new menu items and learn how they have stood the test of time. This private BBQ tour is a journey through what goes into creating southern BBQ from the pit to the plate.You will elevate your bbq game after attending this event.
The $60 ticket per person includes 6 courses and tastings, bottle of Bob Sykes sauce, and a Bob Sykes Souvenir cup. All you have to bring is your BBQ appetite!
Bob Sykes BBQ TOUR:
Saturday, November 2, 2019
Located at Bob Sykes Bar B Q Restaurant:
1724 9th Avenue North in Bessemer, AL
To reserve a spot visit Eventbrite or visit Bob Sykes Bar B Q
Limit 15 per class
- History and Tales of the BBQ Pit
- Enjoy Smoked Sausage from the pit to your plate
- Why Bob Sykes cooks BBQ Picnic Pork Shoulders
- Enjoy the legendary BBQ Pork Sandwich and Cole slaw
- Ever Changing Spare Rib/Cooking Hot and Fast
- Enjoy Spare Rib Bones and Potato Salad
- Direct Fire vs. Smoker
- Enjoy Half Bbq Chicken and Baked Beans
- History of Southern BBQ Sauce and secret ingredients of Bob Sykes sauce.
- Enjoy BBQ Smoked Wings and Onion Rings
- Bob Sykes Famous Desserts
- Enjoy Lemon Icebox Pie and Red Velvet Cake
You might also like:
Stay up to date with all things Magic City Weekend!