Mary Grace Viado from Village Tavern shares their recipe for delicious Brioche French Toast, just like Village Tavern serves during brunch!
Brioche French Toast
Yield: 1 Portion
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Each Brioche Bread, sliced 2”
- As Needed French Toast Batter (Recipe Below)
- 1 Cup Fresh Strawberries (Slices or halves) or any fresh berries
- As Needed Powdered Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 250 F.
- In a non-stick large sauté pan over medium heat, place 2 Tablespoon of butter.
- Dip sliced Brioche in French Toast Batter making sure to drain excess batter.
- Place it in the sauté pan and cook each side for 3 minutes, until golden.
- Place the pan in the oven and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.
- Cut each slice into half. Arrange the triangle pieces on a plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar. Serve with fresh berries, if desired.
FRENCH TOAST BATTER
Yield: Approximately 3 Cups
- 4 Each Eggs, whole
- 1 Cup Half & Half
- 1 ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ Cup Sugar, granulated
- ¼ teaspoon Salt, Kosher
- Crack eggs into mixing bowl. Whisk well.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Refrigerate covered until ready to use.
This post is sponsored by Spire.
You might also like:
Stay up to date with all things Magic City Weekend!