Janet Hall shares a delicious recipe for Cedar Planked Salmon with Orzo Salad!
Cedar Planked Salmon with Orzo Salad
- 4 salmon filets (thick Atlantic salmon is best)
- 1 cedar plank soaked in water for at least an hour
- Olive oil
- Potlatch seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta
- Corn kernels from 3 to 4 fresh ears of corn
- 1 cucumber diced
- Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Small can of chopped black olives
- 1 large shallot minced
- A dozen basil leaves cut into thin strips ( I use scissors)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
Finishing touch ingredients:
- One lemon
- Feta cheese crumbles
Soak the plank in water. Boil pot of salted water. Add orzo and cook uncovered about 6 minutes. Drain and sprinkle orzo with olive oil in a large bowl. Add the rest of the salad ingredients. Add salt and vinegar to your taste. Cover it and let it marinate.
Has your cedar plank soaked for an hour?
Be patient. Let it soak. Place filets on plank skin side down. Rub olive oil over fish. Sprinkle with potlatch seasoning or your choice of rub, salt, pepper, etc… Put plank on a gas grill at medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes
Put generous helping of salad on plate and sprinkle with feta cheese. Place salmon filet partially on side of salad. Sprinkle salmon with lemon zest and squeeze of lemon juice.
Click here to see more Connected through Cooking segments!
This post is sponsored by Spire.
You might also like:
Stay up to date with all things Magic City Weekend!