Chris Zapalowski shows us a delicious recipe for a Mexican Beef and Rice Skillet.
Mexican Beef and Rice Skillet
(Yield: 6 to 8 servings)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10-ounce) can Ro*Tel Mild Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook, crumbling, 3 to 5 minutes, or until beef is browned. Add onion, garlic and taco seasoning and cook 2-3 minutes. Drain any excess fat.
- Stir in rice, broth, black beans, Ro*Tel and corn. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until rice is cooked through, about 17-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover again over low heat until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Garnish with tomatoes and lime juice.
This post is sponsored by Spire.
You might also like:
Stay up to date with all things Magic City Weekend!