Inaugural Jewish Film Festival
The Inaugural Sidewalk Jewish Film Festival, presented by the Birmingham Jewish Foundation, will take place at the newly opened Sidewalk Film Center + Cinema in Birmingham Thursday , Nov. 21, through Sunday, Nov. 24.
A cinematic exploration of Jewish culture, history, art and life in Israel, the Festival will include an opening night reception, panels, workshops, networking events and a closing night party featuring a tasting of Jewish cuisine.
“Birmingham’s Jewish community is one with an immense impact and one that should be celebrated,” said Chloe Cook, Executive Director, Sidewalk Film Festival and Sidewalk Film Center + Cinema. “We are extremely proud to bring their stories, perspectives and culture to attendees of all walks of life.”
The Festival’s full lineup will feature:
Thursday, November 21
- 5:00pm-7:00pm / Opening Night Reception / Sidewalk Cinema Lobby Bar
- 7:00pm-8:38pm / Opening Night Film: Before You Know It / Theater A and Theater B
Friday, November 22
- 12:00pm-1:13pm / The Rabbi Goes West / Theater A / *Filmmaker scheduled to attend
- 12:30pm-2:10pm / Longing / Theater B
- 2:00pm-3:18pm / Chasing Portraits / Theater A
- 3:00pm-4:32pm / Fiddler: Miracle of Miracles / Theater B
- 4:00pm-5:33pm / Safe Spaces / Theater A
- 5:30pm-6:43pm / The Rabbi Goes West (encore) / Theater B
- 7:00pm-8:18pm / Seder-Masochism / Theater A
- 7:30pm-9:08pm / Before You Know It (encore)
Saturday, November 23
- 12:00pm-12:55pm / Latter Day Jew / Theater A
- 2:00pm – 3:32pm / Fiddler: Miracle of Miracles (encore) / Theater A
- 4:15pm – 5:55pm / Longing (encore) / Theater A
- 5:15pm-7:00pm / Cocktail Reception / Lobby Bar
- 7:00pm-8:18pm / Seder-Masochism (encore) / Theater B
- 7:30pm – 9:03pm / Safe Spaces (encore) / Theater A
- 8:45pm-10:27pm / The Dancing Dogs of Dombrova / Theater B
Sunday, November 24
- 10:45am-12:25pm / The Rabbi’s Cat / Theater A
- 11:30am-1:12pm / The Dancing Dogs of Dombrova (encore) / Theater B
- 1:00pm-2:25pm / Latter Day Jew (encore) / Theater A
- 1:45pm-4:11pm / Hello, Dolly! / Theater B
- 3:00pm-4:18pm / Chasing Portraits (encore) / Theater A
- 5:00pm-6:30pm / Closing Night Reception / Lobby Bar
- 7:00pm-8:31pm / Closing Night Film: Standing Up, Falling Down / Theater B
- 7:15pm-8:46pm/ Closing Night Film: Standing Up, Falling Down/ Theater A
Tickets are now available with a $24 Pick-3 Pass and $100 VIP Pass as featured options:
- Pick-3 — Entry to any three films of your choosing in the line-up
- VIP — Entry to all films in the lineup, plus six drink tickets for Yellow Tail Wine and Cahaba Brewing Company beers
The Sidewalk Film Center + Cinema is located in The Residences at The Pizitz at 1821 2nd Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203.
The Sidewalk Cinema concession stand and full bar will be open throughout the Festival. For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit www.sidewalkcinema.org.
You May Also Like
Stay up to date with all things Magic City Weekend!