Iron City Meatloaf
Meatloaf is an American icon and the ultimate comfort food. Dating back to the mid-1800’s, this quintessential dish has remained the all-American meal. Thanks to the food experts at Metro Diner for sharing their recipe to recreate the famous griddle-seared Iron City Meatloaf dish at home.
Check out the signature recipe below.
Ingredients for Meatloaf Mix
- ½ onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 ribs celery
- 6 medium mushrooms
- 1 egg
- 1 TBS Worcestershire
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1-pound ground beef
- ½ pound ground turkey
- ½ pound ground pork
- Pulse onion, carrot, celery and mushroom in a food processor.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and place in a meatloaf pan (or two depending on size)
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until completely cooked.
- Remove from pan and slice into 1-inch thick pieces.
- In a very hot sauté pan, add a bit of oil and sear each side of the meatloaf slices before serving.
Pro tip: Enjoy with mashed potatoes and gravy, side vegetable and some hot crusty bread.
Meatloaf Family Value Combo
Guests can also celebrate the holiday and share Metro Diner’s Iron City Meatloaf with close family and friends when they order their Meatloaf Family Value Combo for pick-up that feeds up to four for $44 that comes complete with mashed potatoes + gravy, French-style green beans, a garden salad and fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies!
You May Also Like
Stay up to date with all things Magic City Weekend!