For those cooking at home this holiday, Becky Satterfield, owner of Satterfield’s in Cahaba Heights, share’s her famed recipe for mini corn muffins – the perfect size accompaniment to the holiday meal.
Becky Satterfield’s Corn Muffins
(Yields approximately 2 dozen mini muffins)
- 2/3 cup yellow enriched cornmeal
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ¾ cups buttermilk
- 8 large eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable or peanut oil
- 3 ears yellow corn, shucked and kernals removed
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a large mixing bowl. Gently mix to combine.
- Add the buttermilk, eggs and oil. Whisk until incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl and whisk for another 30 seconds.]
- Stir in the corn and green onion.
- Spray a small muffin pan with release spray. Spoon the batter into the muffin wells.
- Place in the oven and cook for 17-20 minutes, until browned.
You might also like:
Stay up to date with all things Magic City Weekend!