From weight loss to therapy to getting a new job, we’re taking a look at the most popular new year’s resolution in each state.
The most popular New Year’s resolution in each state
While some people managed to work on themselves during quarantine, others gained weight, lost jobs, and binged on Netflix rather than self-improvement. With 2020 behind us, career website Zippia took a look at what resolution people are making for 2021.
They analyzed data from Google to find each state’s most popular new year’s resolutions. In addition to therapy and weight loss, people are focused on improving their love lives and their bank accounts. You can see each state’s goal below:
- Therapy is the most popular resolution in 12 states
- Right behind therapy is weight loss- with 8 states focusing on slimming down
- 7 states want to quarantine and chill, judging from their searches for internet dating and dating advice
- 4 states just want a good night’s sleep for 2021
- Texas and Wyoming want a new job for the new year (cough, Zippia can help with that, cough)
- Just as many states are hoping to save money as those hoping for a nice (but probably expensive) vacation
- A group of states on the Atlantic coast are getting their book on for the New Year
What about Alabama?
As you can see in the map above, Alabama’s most popular resolution is to lose weight. It’s a fairly common resolution each year and it was the top resolution for 8 states including Alabama.
If you’re one of the majority of Alabamians who made the resolution to lose weight this year, we’ve linked below some articles that can help you in your quest to shed some pounds!
You might also like:
Stay up to date with all things Magic City Weekend!