Railroad Park has announced on their Instagram page that the popular downtown park will resume its normal hours of operation.
The park has been operating under modified hours and rules since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic and Alabama’s “Safer at Home” order. The park’s social distancing rules will remain in place and are as follows:
Railroad Park rules are as follows:
- Railroad Park’s revised opening hours are 7am – 11pm.
- Railroad Park remains open to those moving in or through the park 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗲𝘅𝗲𝗿𝗰𝗶𝘀𝗲 𝗽𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗼𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆
- Birmingham Police & Railroad Park Rangers will be onsite to enforce the rules.
- Masks are not required when exercising
Measures still in place:
- No sitting
- No picnics at this time — only exercise
- Remain six feet away from all people at all times while exercising (running, walking)
- Restrooms currently remain closed
About Railroad Park
Railroad Park is a 19-acre green space in downtown Birmingham that celebrates the industrial and artistic heritage of our great city. Situated along 1st Avenue South, between 14th and 18th Streets, the park is a joint effort between the City of Birmingham and the Railroad Park Foundation. Hailed as “Birmingham’s Living Room,” Railroad Park provides a historically rich venue for local recreation, family activities, concerts, and cultural events while connecting Birmingham’s downtown area with Southside and UAB’s campus.
You might also like:
Stay up to date with all things Magic City Weekend!