Nobody does this better than Slice Pizza and Brewhouse. And they want to show you how it's done!
In the basic recipe for poutine, French fries are covered with fresh cheese curds, and topped with brown gravy. Redneck Poutine replaces the gravy with chili and tops it with two fried eggs. Nobody does this better than Slice Pizza and Brewhouse. This is a great for a game day side or late night snack!
Slice Pizza and Brewhouse want to show you how you can make it yourself.
What You’ll Need to Make Redneck Poutine
- Rustic potatoes
- Your favorite chili
- Salt, pepper
- Cheese curds
Redneck Poutine Prep & Cook
There are a few steps to this one that take a while because of the cooling down process of the potatoes. You may want to do some prep work the night before. Here’s what you’ll need and how to do it.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Slice potatoes into wedges and place them in a pot of cold water
- Add salt
- Bring water to a boil and boil potatoes until edges are rough and raggedy
- Strain and cool in fridge for one hour
- After cooling, fry potatoes (at least 350 degrees) until golden brown
- Cool down potatoes, then fry for a second time before serving
- While frying potatoes a second time, heat your favorite chili
- Stir cheese curds in the chili
- Fry eggs
- Salt and pepper the eggs
- Plate the French fries, pour chili over fries, add eggs, salt
- And now the fun part: Serve!
Learn About Slice
And for even more tailgating menu ideas, check out our tailgating section!
You Might Also Like
Stay up to date with all things Magic City Weekend!