This pumpkin-themed cocktail is perfect for fall.
Your search for the perfect fall cocktail stops here. Bar Chef Roderick Groetzinger with Sermet’s Southernterranean Cuisine-Bar in James Island, South Carolina has put a Jamaican twist on classic fall flavors of pumpkin and maple to create a cocktail he calls Fall in Kingston.
I have to be honest: This cocktail takes a bit of work to prepare. Custom ingredients like Roderick’s Pumpkin-Chai Tea Infused Rum and Pumpkin Maple Puree will have to be made ahead of time. But like all great things, a glass of Fall in Kingston is worth the effort. And as an added bonus, you’ll have a bottle of Pumpkin-Chai Tea Infused Rum to do with whatever you (responsibly) please!
So before you can make your own Fall in Kingston, lets start with the custom ingredients:
Pumpkin-Chai Tea Infused Rum
- 2 Chai Tea tea bags
- 2 Pumpkin Tea tea bags
- 1 bottle White Rum
- Empty one bottle of white rum into a plastic container.
- Add the Pumpkin Tea and Chai Tea tea bags to the white rum.
- Let sit for 2 hours, then return infused rum to the bottle.
Pumpkin Maple Puree
- 1 can Organic Unsweetened Pumpkin
- Maple Syrup cut 2:1 with water
- Sea Salt
- In a container, mix the can of pumpkin 2:1 with the maple syrup blend. Add sea salt to taste.
- Whisk together until smooth.
And now, cocktail time:
Fall In Kingston
- 1.5 oz Pumpkin-Chai Tea Infused Rum
- .5 oz Orgeat flavoring syrup
- .5 oz Benedictine
- 1 bar spoon St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram
- 1 oz Pumpkin Maple Puree
- .25 oz Lemon Juice
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Fill coupe glass with ice and water to chill and set aside.
- Combine all liquid ingredients into a shaker. Add ice and shake hard.
- Pour out ice and water from chilled coupe glass. Fine strain into the couple glass. Garnish with a pinch of cinnamon sugar.