This weekend has the largest gumbo competition in the south, Star Wars day and a huge Cinco de Mayo celebration. This is the Weekend Rundown!
14th Annual Gumbo Gala
Sat May 4 from 11am-2pm
Tickets are $20
Over 40 cook teams gather and compete for bragging rights to “Birmingham’s Best Gumbo”! Gumbo Gala is the largest gumbo competition in the South. Over 3,200 guests will enjoy samples of delicious gumbo, music by Margeaux and the Cat’s Meow, local artists, kids zone, and ice cold beverages. Visit online now to purchase tickets, register your cook team, or help us fundraise!
Star Wars de Mayo Derby Beer Tasting
Sat May 4 from 12pm-2pm
It’s Star Wars Day, Kentucky Derby Day, plus we’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo because we’re closed on Sunday! Join us for a free sampling of beers to celebrate, then stick around for a pint of your favorite! Featuring: Abita Mint Julep Stout, Straight to Ale Monkeynaut, Good People Muchacho, and Lagunitas Supercluster!
Cinco de Mayo Festival 2019
Sat May 4 from 2pm-10pm
Admission is $5
Join Pepper Place for Cinco de Mayo 2019. We are observing this festive holiday on Saturday, May 4 to maximize our celebration time.
Here’s what you can expect:
The Market at Pepper Place
– Come enjoy the outdoor Market from 7 am to noon, rain or shine. Connect with our state’s farmers and makers, enjoy live music
Cantina Tortilla Grill
– From 2pm to 10pm, come celebrate the 16th annual CInco de Mayo party at Cantina
– You can expect a DJ, live music and margarita specials
– Cantina, Cantina on Wheels & Taco Morro Loco will be serving up food to accompany your margita
– $5 admission
Hop City Birmingham
– It’s Star Wars Day & Drinko de Mayo at Hop City!
– Free Beer Sampling 12 to 2 pm following the farmers market, plus special featured drafts!
– Embrace the latin vibes with a themed class at Ignite
– 8a or 10:30a will get your hips moving to that beat, all while breaking a good sweat.
You might also like:
Stay up to date with all things Magic City Weekend!