You can achieve creamy crème brûlée goodness with coconut and cashews.
With Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner, Living Kitchen founder Juliana Luna shares her twist on a popular dessert. While traditional crème brûlée is made with eggs and milk, this version is completely raw – and honestly, pretty darn close to the original. If you’re looking for a healthier alternative for the holidays, then look no further!
Vegan Creme Brulee Ingredients
(Yields 19 0z.)
- 5 oz. Soaked Cashews (4 hours at least)
- 5 oz. Coconut Meat
- 3 oz. Coconut Water
- 1/2 Cup Agave (Maple Syrup will also work)
- 2 TBS Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 4 oz. Coconut Oil
- 2 gr. Orange Zest
Cooking and Preparation
- Combine all ingredients into blender of choice.
- Blend on highest setting until mixture achieves creamy texture.
- Portion 3.5 oz. of mixture into ramekins.
- Let them cool down and cover with a plastic wrap.
- Freeze overnight.
- To brûlée, coat the top with pure cane sugar and heat with torch until it hardens.
Magic City Weekend Holiday Guide
And for more fun ideas for you to try this holiday season, click here.
Copyright The Southern Weekend. All rights reserved.
Stay up to date with all things Magic City Weekend!